How do I qualify for AI status?
The following prescribed thresholds apply in order to be eligible to be treated as an AI:
- Net personal assets (“NPA”) exceed $2 million SGD (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), but net equity of primary residence capped at $1 million SGD of the $2 million SGD threshold ; or
- Net financial assets  (“NFA”) (net of any related liabilities) exceed $1 million SGD (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
Income in the preceding 12 months is not less than $300,000 SGD (or its equivalent in a foreign currency).
If you meet any of the above criteria, you qualify as AI-eligible and may be treated as an AI if you choose to opt in. This is subject to StashAway's verification that you meet the prescribed thresholds above.
 An individual’s primary residence refers to where the individual lives in most of the time and –
- is to be calculated by deducting any outstanding amounts in respect of any credit facility that is secured by the residence from the estimated fair market value of the residence; and
- is taken to be the lower of the following:
- the value calculated under (a); or
- $1 million SGD.
 Where “financial asset” means:
- a deposit as defined in section 4B of the Singapore Banking Act (Cap. 19);
- an investment product as defined in section 2(1) of the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110); or
- any other asset as may be prescribed by regulations made under section 341 of the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289).