StashAway's ETF Criteria
Co-founder and CIO
01 March 2017
StashAway provides sophisticated portfolio solutions with strict ETF selection criteria. Our ETFs are vetted through with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) before they are introduced to the platform. That means that all ETFs are reviewed by the MAS before we use them in our portfolios.
- Credibility and reputation of ETF managers;
- Asset size larger than half a billion USD;
- ETFs at this size are liquid and highly tradeable because there is a lot of market participation in the ETF;
- Cost-efficient. Although ETFs can be very inexpensive vehicles, we focus on more on quality when selecting which ones to put in your portfolios. With that in mind, we choose top-quality investment products and do certainly consider costs. We know that good ETFs do not have to be expensive to be effective, but we also know that the least expensive ETFs aren't always the most effective;
- Provides straightforward exposure to underlying asset class, no leverage, and no inverse payoffs;
- Avoid credit exposure to issuers of ETF-like funds (e.g. ETN);
- At least 5-10 years of track record for the ETF itself or the underlying index;
- Effectiveness in tracking given index;
- High-performance per unit of risk.
Click here to see the ETFS in which invest.